Carnets – get free extra tickets!
Do you travel regularly on a route, but not regularly enough to need to buy a season ticket?
If you do, then getting a carnet could be the best answer for you.
A carnet usually consists of 6, 10, 12 or 50 tickets for a journey, which you can use on any train and whenever you want (they are usually valid for up to six months but you will need to check the specific terms and conditions as there is some variation).
Each carnet rail ticket can be used by anyone. You can give them to friends or colleagues, so they’re ideal for keeping in your office and giving to colleagues when they need to travel.
Great savings with carnets
Manchester – London save 10% with a 10 ticket carnet
London – Bristol Temple Meads save 12% with a 10 ticket carnet
Shrewsbury – London save 20% with a 6 ticket carnet
London – Birmingham save 20% with a 12 ticket carnet
(All examples compare a Standard Class Anytime Return or Single, as appropriate)
Carnets are not available on every route.
Carnets always consist of fully-flexible Anytime tickets, and are not available for Advance or Off-Peak tickets.
Train operators with carnet tickets
PLEASE NOTE – Carnets are not currently available from MyTrainTicket. Please contact the train operator directly.
The following train operators all provide carnet tickets:
- 12 tickets for the price of 10
- Stations to / from London, including Birmingham, Solihull, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Banbury, High Wycombe, Gerrards Cross and Aylesbury
- Standard Class only
- All carnets are issued as return tickets
- Packs of 10 (for most routes)
- Available on over 95 key routes in Scotland, and valid on all operators’ services on those routes.
- Sold as Standard Class singles only, with First Class singles available between Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 10 tickets with savings of 25% or more off standard ticket prices
- Available for Standard or First Class single journeys to or from any Grand Central stations
- Both Adult and Child carnets are available
- “Take 10” offers 10 tickets for the price of 9
- Journeys to / from London Euston, including Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Crewe, Preston and Stoke-on-Trent
- Available in both First and Standard Class
- Available as single tickets
The following train operators also offer carnet tickets: